Thursday, October 5, 2023

Today we got instructions on how to start working color into our composition. We were to choose one color only, all the same value  with differing aspects, such as bright or flat, vibrant or dull. Then we started placing those colors on the background (white) parts. The only color in which I had the necessary aspects was deep orange, so I went with that.  Took me all day long to begin the process. Later we'll be replacing the black with colors as well.



The oranges are so similar that they all look the same in this picture, except the flat which stands out pretty well. But in person the different hues are evident.

We're supposed to be finished by tomorrow at 5, but that's not going to happen. She'll either extend the deadline into next week, or we'll have to pack it up and finish it at home.

I also include here some of the other students' work.






1 comment:

  1. Hey, Nancy. I'm catching up on what you have been doing while I was traveling. Once again I marvel at your ability to take a complex assignment and translate it into your work. I'll keep watching as the black becomes color against that interesting orange negative space.

    ReplyDelete