Monday, June 4, 2018

Well, I have to say, even for me this was a full day of sewing. 12 hours with a couple of breaks to eat. Good thing I like piecing.

Here's what the barn looks like.
And my space.

The first assignment was to choose a motif. I chose this one.


And make 200 miniatures in five color ranges. They're 2 1/2" square.

The first 40 are light and bright colors on a black background.


The next 40 are medium dark and dark colors on a white background.


The third set is dark colors on a medium light gray background.


That's as far as I got. Two more sets tomorrow. The only criticism I got was that they were too perfect, so I'm trying to make them wonkier as I go along. I'm doing good here. Some of the others are still working on their first set.

2 comments:

  1. Holy moly! That looks amazing. But I’m exhausted on your behalf. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really interesting. I really love all your black and white motif blocks. You could do a great quilt just with those. I spent the last 5 hours driving along the roadside and then walking about 3-4 miles along the road looking for my daughter’s keys that she apparently left on the bumper of Bill’s truck and are nowhere to be found, so she’s having to have a new key made, which means she had to stay another day. Needless to say I did not get a whole lot of quilting done today. Hope you’re having fun!

    ReplyDelete