Tuesday, June 12, 2018

After thinking about it over night, I decided that my design was to complicated and hard to make. So this morning I worked up something real simple and got cracking. When Nancy arrived she said she wanted to simplify the assignment by limiting the design to two columns. So I finished one block with three columns and two and a half with two columns.

Here's the motif, very crude.


And here's what I got done today.


Nancy liked my colors and said I was handling the flat/glowing thing well. I don't think I can use that three column one in the final piece, so it's 7 1/2 blocks to go.

I'm happy in my hotel room. I've got a coffee pot and a fridge -- everything I need. It's cozy and cocoon-like.

1 comment:

  1. Your piece looks great, Nancy. More interesting looking than what the assignment sounded like. I can totally see the flat vs glowing thing. You’ll probably need to sleep for a week when you get back

    ReplyDelete