Tuesday, October 4, 2022

 Ok. Exhausting work today, but I am making good progress. The assignment we got this morning was to create a composition using lines and linear shapes and in one color family. One section of the quilt must be light on dark, and use fine lines. The other section is dark on light and uses big chunky lines. 

Here's my array of colors. I chose green because I had the most values. 


Here's my progression throughout the day.






There were other requirements like the lines are supposed to be broken and some stuff about flat and glowing colors. The piecing is devilishly hard. This completed section took me about 7 hours. More of the same scheduled for tomorrow. The deadline is Thursday morning at 9.










6 comments:

  1. You’re very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m interested in this use of the "map" under your piecing. What a great way to stay on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work. You are a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy! This s a really good composition, and the colors are wonderful! Love seeing what you’re doing now.

    ReplyDelete