Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Let me go back to the beginning.
We arrived in Strasbourg at 10 in the morning (3 am Mobile time) after traveling for 17 hours. On John's (our son) advice, I forced myself to stay up all day. I made it until 7:30, then slept for 15 hours-- got up at noon -- feeling fine.

We took a preliminary walk around the district where their apartment is, and I took a few pictures. It's right in the middle of the old center of the city.

The street entrance to their apartment.

Inside, there's a little courtyard and the door to their apartment.

Out in town, the buildings are 500 years old and still in use.
We saw tango dancers in the square.
And lots of old narrow streets -- no cars here.
We stopped in a key shop to get some keys made. They had a rack of old time keys for all these old buildings.
Needless to say, it's real different here.
They even have different words for everything. (Hah!)


2 comments: